Friday, April 21, 2006

Soldier's Home

At the end of "Soldier's Home", Krebs decides that he will take up a job in the city, but first he goes to see his little sister play in the park. I was confused as to why he chose to go see Helen and not meet with his father at his office. At first I thought it was only because he did not really want to get a job, but he was going to, but just the same he didn't want to talk to his father about it. The more I thought about it, however, I thought that maybe he was in love with his little sister. The way he feels sick when he tells his mother that he loves her does not happen when he tells Helen the same. Also, Helen calls him her "beau", and he agrees with it, and again doesn't feel sick like he has lied. I think that he goes to the park to say goodbye to the one person he really cared about before he let himself become what society expects of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home